Great minds and all that… we’re always on the lookout for like-minded people to join our growing team
Corporate social responsibility
We support a charity of the year and raise funds throughout the year via a number of activities to raise awareness and funds for worthy causes. Last year we raised in funds for Children in Need, Red Nose Day, Jeans for Jeans and Macmillan.
As an office, we strive to be environmentally conscious and these are some of the initiatives we have implemented so far:
- Office recycling – the maximum amount of waste is recycled including toner cartridges
- Filter water straight from the tap, so no bottled water required
- LED lighting to save energy
- Paperless office
- Using a renewable energy provider
Our Core Values
Our business advice is inspired by four core values.
It means our service is never ‘ordinary’ or ‘recycled’ and is bespoke to your business
and your aspirations as an entrepreneur and as an individual.
It’s time to get ahead…. It’s time to discover Macalvins.
Watch our video to find out why.
How we support our staff
Full study support
- Monthly in-house training
- Buddy system for new joiners
- ACA, AAT and ACCA training
- Professional development training either in-house or off-site
- Staff-led focus group
- Partner mentor – to help you reach your goals
- Joined in 1998 as a Senior
- 2001 Promoted to Manager
- 2004 Promoted to Senior Manager
- 2008 Promoted to Principal Manager
- 2015 Promoted to Director
- Joined in 2006 as a qualified Semi Senior
- 2008 Promoted to Audit & Account Senior
- 2011 Promoted to Manager
- 2014 Promoted to Senior Manager
- 2019 Promoted to Associate Director
- Joined in 2016 as a Payroll Administrator
- 2017 Promoted to Payroll Senior
- 2019 Seconded to trainee Payroll Manager
- 2019 Promoted to Payroll Manager
- Joined in 2013 as a Accounts/Audit Senior
- 2017 Promoted to Assistant Manager
- 2019 Promoted to Manager
Facts and figures
of our managers were promoted internally
of staff have the option to work flexibly
of our staff are female
of our staff are male
of staff work part time
is the average age of our staff
Yes, we do. We offer a balanced mix of hands-on experience and training along with support with professional exams and tuition. You’ll also enjoy a high level of responsibility as we strive to help you reach your full potential.
Yes absolutely. We are always happy to hear from talented, like-minded people who share our values.
Yes – we keep your details on file for 6 months unless you request otherwise.
Normally, we ask for two A Levels, an AAT Level 3 or a degree.
Most definitely! It’s not essential that you are a brilliant mathematician. There are many personal attributes that are more important than maths.
Good interpersonal skills, an eye for detail and good analytical skills, not just numeric analytical skills. You should also have good English language skills, both written and verbal.
We’re a very friendly bunch and pride ourselves on our working environment.